We've been sitting Addison on the potty for months. We never took it seriously, but we figured that it couldn't hurt to get her used to sitting on it, etc. It has definitely been hit or miss as far as going or not.
Yesterday, I decided that potty training 101 was going to be in full swing. I woke her up, took of her diaper, and let her run around all day without a diaper on. She does have toddler underwear but she doesn't understand that you need to pull them down first.
She ended up having two accidents (which isn't bad for the 1st day) and successfully used the potty about 9-10 times. Yay! She even woke up dry after her almost 3 hour nap!
Of couse as with anything there are drawbacks. My child was so focused on pottying that she woke up at 3am and 5am asking to potty. I was shocked. She had a pull-up on and I figured that she would just still go in that (she did a little). Never in my right mind did I think that my 20 month old would be waking up to potty in the middle of the morning.
** We have only had 1 accident so far today!







1 comment:
Good luck! Sounds like you will have her trained in no time!
Post a Comment