Sunday, March 21, 2010

Big Girl Bed


This is Addison new bed. Lacey & I picked it up on Friday (3/19), and attempted to have Addie sleep in it that night. Well it was a bust. She loves her new bed, but she doesn't want to sleep alone in her new bed. I spent 3 hours in that bed Friday night. Every time I would try to get up and sneak out that little bugger would wake up. I would lay there pretending to be asleep, and she would talk and talk. She would rub her nose against mine and say, "nuzzle, nuzzle". Then she let out a huge burp and said, "scuse me". It took everything I had not to bust out laughing. She is such a sweet girl. Anyway, she ended up sleeping in the crib that night, because after 3 hours I was exhausted from trying. I am so thankful that we decided to leave the crib up for a few days.

Saturday, we decided to try again. She ended up taking an awesome nap in her bed during the afternoon. We put her in her bed that night too, and she did great. Tim did lay with her for a while though. She started crying about 4ish, and he went back in and got her back to sleep. I think she is doing a great job for being so little.

** We do have an actual bed frame for her as well. I just haven't gotten around to finish painting it, and we figured that it is probably easiest on the floor for now. :-)

2 comments:

Robertsons said...

If you have to, I rocked Elizabeth to sleep the first few nights and put her down while she was out cold. It worked miracles! After 3 days, she was climbing in bed by herself.

Unknown said...

Her big girl bed is so cute!!