I am not sure why I can't manage to keep this blog up to date anymore. The kids both go to bed at a decent time, so I should be doing this after they do to bed.
Ry is growing like a weed still. I plan on weighing him today to see where he is at. He had a sick visit a few weeks ago, and I think he weighed close to 21 lbs. I will have to double check. He has been sleeping from 7:30 pm to 9:30 am, but I think he is dropping his morning nap. So, he gets up about 9:30, and then he takes a nap around 1pm for a few hours. He is learning to crawl faster and faster. He loves to go up the stairs and look back and laugh at us, because he knows that he isn't supposed to be climbing them. :)
He loves to dance when there is music on, and roll the ball back and forth with his sister. In fact, he loves balls in general. We now have tons of them in our house, and he pushes them all around the house. He also loves to swing on our new swing set!
Ry moved into his convertible seat about a two months ago, and I am not a fan. I loved that infant seat, but I had promised it to another family, so I needed to get it all cleaned up and off to them.
Addison is also growing as well. Finally. She currently weighs 28.8lbs, which is a pretty decent weight gain for her. She started dance a couple of weeks ago, and she seems to really enjoy it. She loves her tap shoes and constantly wants to wear them around the house. We have also signed up for preschool again this fall, and she will go every Monday/Wednesday morning from 9-11:30.
We are so thankful and blessed to have such awesome kids. They really are the light of our lives. While we sometimes want to pull our hair out, our house is always full of laughter as well!
Here are some funny conversations that we have had with Addison in the last few months:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addison: I sat backwards on the potty this morning. Like my daddy, and it was SO fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addison told my mom (Grandma Julie): My mom took care of things when she was well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addison: Do lightening bugs pee?
Me: Ummm. Uh, I don't know. No, I don't think so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addison: I need to potty! (while in the pool)
Me: Go knock on the door and daddy will help you.
Addison: I just peed in Grandma Julie's pool.
Me: You peed in Grandma's pool? Why would you do that?
Addison: Because I wanted to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment