The kids are growing like weeds around here. Addison is talking our ears off about just about everything! She comes up with the craziest ideas, and is really getting into pretending. She loves to play on her own with her dollies, and I can always hear her saying, "Shhh baby. Its time to sleep. Close your eyes". I love it.
In the last few weeks she has told me:
"Mom, your butt stinks, and I don't wanna smell it"
"It is time for a smoke break"
"I am smoking this. Leave me alone" (insert strange puffing noises)
"We don't have any presents!" (the morning after we put the Christmas tree up)
"It is my birthday party!" (after seeing lots of cars at our neighbors house) followed by an "Oh no, I missed my party" after Tim told her it wasn't her birthday.
and a conversation like this:
Addison: Addison needs a popsicle (Yes, she refers to herself in the 3rd person still)
Me: Oh you do?
Addison: Yep, Mmm Hmmm. I need a popsicle because my leg really hurts.
Me: Your leg hurts?
Addison: Uh huh. My leg hurts for a popsicle.
Me: Oh, your leg hurts because you need a popsicle?
Addison: Uh huh. It does. It hurts for a popsicle. Really bad. (insert grabbing of the leg and groaning here)
Ryne is growing and changing every day. He is sleeping about 12 hours a night now, and is falling into a pretty predictable eating schedule of about every 4 hours or so. He is smiling, cooing and laughing at us. He really loves when his daddy sings crazy songs to him. Unfortunately, unlike Addison at that age, he is NOT a fan of the camera. He will smile and smile until I pull that dreaded camera out. Then he just stares at it.
He is almost 4 months old, and I haven't had his 3 month pictures taken. Poor little guy. He really is getting the short end of the stick being the 2nd baby. :-)







No comments:
Post a Comment